7.18.2010

July Post a.k.a. Love

Clever title, huh? It's been over a month since I've posted last, so I felt obligated to post again.

Dreams are funny things, huh? Sometimes you want to tell everyone about your dream because it was so cool, but other times you feel almost embarrassed to have a had a particular dream. That happens to me sometimes. I feel like I have to defend myself before telling people any of those particular dreams, telling them, "I can't help what I dream about and I wasn't even thinking about that before bed." And it's true. A lot of times I don't. Usually the embarrassment pertains to WHO is in my dream. I think it's probably the same for a lot of people. Anyways....

The other day, I read a question: "I love blind?" So I thought about it....Is love blind?....I don't think so. To answer this question, you need to know what "love" is and it's stipulations.

In this culture, we use that word too much. "I love my shoes." "I love my dog." "I love 'Glee'." "I love Robert Downey Jr." "I love my parents." "I love God." These all imply different things. Would you die for your shoes? Would you die before missing the next episode of "Glee" on TV? Would you die for your dog?......on a different scale: Would you die for your parents or siblings? Would you die for God? The meaning of love is put into perspective when you think about it that way.

Here was my answer to the question though: Love isn't blind. Infatuation is. When you really love someone, you see every flaw and every perfection that they have, and you love them despite. When you're infatuated with someone, you only see the perfections and you deny the flaws. See the difference?

(I just added the "a.k.a. Love" to the title. Not that you needed to know that...)

No comments:

Post a Comment