4.22.2010

The Rain Has Gone

"I can see clearly now, the rain has gone. I can see all obstacles in my way."

First, take note that the title has three meanings. One is ironic. Another is musical. The final is metaphorical.

Ironic because it is raining right now.

Musical because, well, it's a song.

Metaphorical because today, I was enlightened.

Someone told me a significant detail which explained why Buddy has been so awkward around me. It is three, simple words:

He. Was. Teased.

I understand now. The other stupid guys teased him about me. Apparently when I walked into the room, they would turn to him and say things like, "ooh there's Anna!!" wow. no freaking wonder!

What guy would want to talk to the girl he was teased about in front of the guys who teased him? He can talk to me over text, but as soon as we come face-to-face, (I know it's a cliche) you could hear a pen drop. Dead. Silent. notta word muttered!

Do I feel better now? yes and no.
Yes, because I know I'm not exactly the reason he can't talk to me.
No, because I feel awful that he was teased on my behalf.

I want to say something. But I don't think I can. It would have to be in front of those idiot guys who are the fault of the barrier of awkward-ness between us. Daaaang. I don't want to hold a grudge, but REALLY?! SERIOUSLY?! You can't just ingore it and not tease him?! JERKS!!

wow.

"There's nothing else I can say. Eh eh eh eh." and "I'll never talk again. Oh boy you've left me speechless. So speechless." ~~Stefani Germantto a.k.a. Lady Gaga

No comments:

Post a Comment