4.08.2010

Dad calls me Princess...and I know I am.

A bit of random: Sneezes. Itchy eyes. Runny nose. Spring is obviously here. It's my favorite season...when I take my allergy medicine. I'm making my summer plans. It's so exciting! I'm getting so psyched for summer! Drive-in movies, road-trips with my friends, the pool, golf....dang. I can't wait!!!!

High school is so much fun sometimes, but so frustrating at others. Here are a few things that annoy the crap out of me: shrieking, yelling, excessive complaining to the teacher, excessive flirting, fake laughs, fake stories, crappy comebacks, and too-big egoes. I see these every day.
What do I love? The rush, the excitement of not knowing what's next, making plans last-minute, seeing your best friends every day, learning something while having a fun class, and being a teenager. It balances out pretty nicely. Some days are better than others though. We all know it.


I realized something the other day. It seems like whenever there's a new girl at our school, they become very popular very quickly. I do my best being nice, letting them get acquainted, and helping them out. As soon as they find new people though, I get thrown to the gutter. She's always the one with tons of attention from guys. Here's a bit of an analogy though: The new girl is the shiny, new toy. All the boys want to have her and not have to share her. But eventually they get tired of her and find another new toy to play with. I am the cool vintage toy. Maybe guys see me, and they want to have me, but they can't until they're mature enough to handle me with care.

My mom still owns her Barbie dolls from when she was 13. Talk about vintage. I remember being 7 or 8 and asking to play with them, but she wouldn't let me until I was old enough to be trusted not to ruin them. Get my point? I'm worth the wait. We all are, girls. Don't let yourself be thrown around and treated like a stupid little toy. Wait for the boy who calls you beautiful instead of hot. Holds your hand, not your butt. Lets you rest your head on his shoulder. Kisses you on the forehead. Treats you the same alone and around his friends. Treats your friends like sisters (or brothers).

If you want your Prince Charming, you need to make sure he treats you like the Princess that you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment