5.29.2010

Summertime

It's been nearly a month since I posted last. I apologize. The last month of school is always the worst. May is the time when I start feeling lazy but teachers start piling on the lessons they never actually got to. It's also finals. Finals week is exhausting. I stay up the latest during finals week because of studying. The latest so far--3 a.m. I get up at 6:30. 3.5 hours of sleep just isn't enough.

But it's summer. I don't have to worry about school for another three months. Three peaceful, glorious, relaxing, fun, worry-less months. And this summer will be different. This summer I can drive. This summer I have better friends than ever. This summer will be better.

The other thing about summer is I don't have to see certain people for months. It's not that I particularly hate anybody, it's just that there are some people I don't exactly ever look forward to seeing.

Here's a random thought: Why is it that during the school-year, I can't seem to read anything that I'm supposed to, but during the summer months, I can read most of a book in just one sitting? It's pretty ridiculous.

I've been reading "She Said Yes" by Misty Bernall. It's the tragic story of Cassie Bernall, one of the Columbine Shooting victims. May they all rest in peace. Story goes that just before she was shot, Dylan Klebold, one of the shooters, asked if she believed in God, to which she replied, "Yes," and he shot her, instantly killing her. It's very inspiring and makes me want to re-examine my faith. It's very good. I highly recommend it.

I tried to make this post long since it's been a while since I've posted. This is all I have to say though. Nothing else has been happening with life. Oh! Some good news! I got a view of the boys' golf page in the yearbook and all 8 pictures on it were taken by yours truly. I'm pretty excited. Now.....that's it. I have nothing else to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment