3.07.2010

The Oscars

My title for this particular post doesn't really have much meaning. I'm watching the Oscars as I'm writing this, but other than that, there's not significance to the title. I'll give this post a bit of a movie theme:

You know what's great? When you're such a great writer that your English teacher asks you if you had any help writing a paper. Yep. It happened to me. Here's a script:

Teacher: And, Anna! You had an amazing paper! It was almost perfect! Did you have any help writing that?
Me: No. I did it all by myself.... I wouldn't cheat.
Teacher: Are you in journalism?
Me: No.
Teacher: Well you're a very good natural writer. It's defnitely your forte.
Me: Well thank you. *smile*

It was hilarious and I felt amazing. I'm not in journalism. I'm in photography. That's a pretty big difference. However, I enjoy writing. I've had quite a few people tell me to take journalism, but I'm too lazy to take the class. If I could skip it and go straight to being a staffer, I would in a split second--without a doubt.

Mmmm.....what else...??

I can't think of very much. OH! *Movie critic attitude*

I saw Alice In Wonderland today. The visuals were fantastic, the acting was good, but the storyline was a bit dull. Throughout the movie, I kept thinking, "I swear I've seen this before," and then I realized: in a way, I have. It was very similar to the Chronicals of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. They both contain a girl (or boys and girls) going to a fictional world that they don't recall ever going to before, but everyone knows who they are and have been waiting. They then befriend the enemy, betray the enemy, and fight... and win. It's all very similar. Tim Burton, however, is one of my favorite directors. His movies always captivate me. I'm sure it would've been much more visually appealing in 3-D. (I saw it in 2-D.) Overall, if I had to rate it using a grading scale, I'd give it a B. 'Nuff said.

I'm out of stuff to say for now. I'll keep you updated though. Good night, sleep tight, and keep viewing films, because they're the reason amazing things such as the Oscars exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment