1.05.2011

Dear Kyle

Dear Kyle Rudolph,

I've heard time and time again, "If you care about something, let it go." I care about every single football player on the Notre Dame football team, including you. As injuries came to the team this season, I began to hurt. Every look of pain on players' faces made my stomach knot and I cringed much like the hurt man. When I heard you were out for the season, the knot and the cringe came knocking. When I heard that you were entering the 2011 NFL Draft, I was actually happy.

I was not happy because you'll be leaving Notre Dame--that, in fact makes me sad. Rather, I was happy that you decided to enter the Draft despite messages begging you to stay. I wish I could do that. I am a people pleaser. I do whatever it takes to make the majority happy even if it is to my own dismay, but you have done what makes you happy, which in turn makes your true fans happy as well. This is your opportunity to find out who is a fair-weather fan and who is really a true, caring fan.

Although it won't be at Notre Dame, I'm glad I will still get to see you play the sport I love to watch. The only difference is I'll have to wait until Sunday next season. A 24-hour wait shouldn't be too bad. With that, I wish you the best of luck, happiness, and health. Go with God! Carpe Diem!

Sincerely,

Anna S. Gonzalez

1 comment:

  1. Anna-That was truly awesome!:) I hope that this does get to Kyle!:)

    ReplyDelete