1.02.2011

Shout Out!

I want to use this post as a shout out to a couple different groups of people. First, to the New ND Nation:

I feel unbelievably privileged to be a part of such a wonderful group of people. I've met so many people who share similar interests, the biggest one obviously being Notre Dame athletics. Living in Wichita does not give me much opportunity to meet many Notre Dame fans. Here, I'm surrounded by KU's Crimson and Blue Jayhawks, KSU's Wildcat Purple, the WSU Wheat Shockers, Oklahoma Sooners, and a few Missouri Tigers, but very few Notre Dame Fighting Irish. However having met these wonderful people, I feel much more a part of something that puts me so close to South Bend while being so far away. Thank You, Nation and GO IRISH!

Second, to the Notre Dame athletes and coaches:

How many people get to be in contact of any sort with their favorite athletes? It's very few, but I'm one of those few. When I first got my twitter account and found these athletes, I was starstruck. These guys are celebrities to me! I couldn't care less about Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, or Justin Bieber. Who cares about them? The fact that you guys are on twitter makes you so much more human! That sounds weird, but think about it. You see these movie and TV stars constantly, but when you really look at them on your TV screen, it barely seems like they're real unless you get to talk to them regularly. I see the ND Football players on TV every week in Autumn, but they still seem so human. It's because they interact with their fans and when you see their posts on twitter, you realize that they really are just like anyone else. Even the players who have gone to the NFL seem more human. Golden Tate, Jimmy Clausen, Brady Quinn, etc. all seem more personal to me than Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or Ben Roethlisberger. I still get giddy when I get a reply from my favorite ND players. (All of the ND players are my favorite, by the way.)

I used to be very against getting a twitter account because I didn't want to conform, but I realized recently that it is actually helping me be myself more. I don't feel like I have to impress anyone and I can just share my thoughts with the world, which is really cool. I've made friends and "met" people who are phenomenal--people I never would have had the chance to meet otherwise. I am one lucky girl. Fighting Irish, thank you for being so awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment