2.03.2010

Head Cold

I woke up this morning with a head cold. Sore throat, congested sinuses, runny nose, the whole enchilada. And lemme tell you: it's not fun. But today, I realized more so than ever, that laughing makes all bad things go away for just a little while. I also heard that every time you laugh, you add 7 seconds onto your life. Pretty cool, huh?

I've laughed at a ton of things today. In my Spanish class, though, I was pretty loopy. I couldn't stop giggling, and I don't even know what I was laughing at. The class after that, English, was a lot of fun too. I laughed a lot today, which felt good. It made my cold go away for the little amount of time I was laughing.

Today was a valuable lesson. When we're going through something tough, we need to look at only the good things. If we do, the bad things won't be able to ruin our day. We'd have a good day. Every day. I try to make every day enjoyable, but it's tough.

I think I'm going to go to bed early tonight. Try to sleep off this cold. I'm hoping that I'll wake up well-rested ready for another day of laughter and happiness.

1 comment: